Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How My Future and Interest Began

I do not have a close relative that was in the military like many that join. Growing up my dad would always watch the History Channel or AMC where something would come on involving the armed forces; such as Patton or Modern Marvels. This sparked my interests and when in high school I was very fortunate.

At my high school they have an Air Force Junior ROTC program. The information I learned along with the instructors there made certain that I was going to join eventually. I really wanted to go to college and get a degree.

A ROTC scholarship allowed me to go to college, have it paid, and become an officer when I graduated. Well the Air Force and Navy wanted me to be engineering and go to a major university, which I have no interest in. The Army gave me the chance to choose the major I wanted. Today I am a successful student with the chance to do stuff that I never would expect thanks to the Army.

I would like to thank Lt. Col. Marcus Majure for helping me achieve this opportunity of a life time and believing in me when others didn’t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment